Peter Pan Bus is a commercial bus line that runs from South Station in Boston to Falmouth center and Woods Hole*.
Plymouth & Brockton Bus runs from Boston to the Sagamore Bridge in Bourne and to Hyannis. This is a free park-and-ride lot.
*If your circumstances warrant frequent travel (3+ times/month) on days that the JP bus isn't running, please purchase the Peter Pan commuter 10-pass booklet for $108.
- Please see policy for eligibility and justifiable requests.
- Requests may be submitted at either MIT or WHOI (be sure to use the correct format for that institution, see below).
At WHOI: Submit requests for reimbursement on a monthly basis using Unanet. See Related Links (video) and Related Files (pdf) for Unanet instructions.
- Under Project, use account “APO WOODS HOLE/CAMBRIDGE JP TRAVEL 00351601.”
- Under Expense Type, use “DOM TRANSPORTATION 5170” for bus and MBTA tickets.
- Must include reason for travel in the Comments &/or Purpose section (see policy).
- Receipts in any amount are required (MBTA included) and must be uploaded.
- Log on to your MIT Atlas dashboard and select “Reimbursements”
- Add in the “Date of Service” as the date of your travel, the “Amount” (see the top of this page for personal vehicle reimbursement rates), and add an “Explanation” (just a few words that describe the nature/reason for your travel and the start/ending destination). Leave the “G/L Account” and “Cost Object” boxes blank.
- Select “Save and Continue”. You will then have the option to attach a receipt. You must attach a receipt in order for your request to be approved.
- At the bottom of your window, you will see an option to “Send To”. Select this and type in “Patricia Nesti” and then select her from the search results and choose “Send”. This will allow her to view and process your reimbursement request.
- WHOI Unanet Instructions