Why the MIT-WHOI Joint Program?
Top ten reasons to choose the MIT-WHOI Joint Program
- Access to scientists and resources at two world-class institutions
- Individualized research-based program, either interdisciplinary or within a field of study
- Ability to take courses at MIT, WHOI and Harvard University
- High faculty-to-student ratio
- Five-plus years of tuition and stipend support
- An internationally recognized degree awarded by both institutions
- Excellent record of placement in academia, industry and government
- Alumni network that includes many of the world's leaders in ocean science and engineering
- Research and travel funding available
- A collegial atmosphere
Access World-Class Resources
In their own words
"As you walk around WHOI you begin to realize why so many brilliant people have convened on the set of questions posed by the vastness of the oceans. This reason is why you're there, too: to do your best part in answering what you can, with the help of so many drawn to the same class of interconnected mysteries. The Joint Program is where you come to be part of an effort that none of us can undertake alone."