Counseling options for WHOI-based students
The physical and mental health of Joint Program students is essential to their success in the Joint Program and beyond. The following options are available to JP students who are based at WHOI and are in need of this service. Confidentiality is assured.
- WHOI Employee and Student Assistance Program – five visits at no cost to the student (request a provider in the Woods Hole area from the MIT Student Medical Plan to be able to continue with the same provider if desired)
- MIT Student Medical Plan and Student Extended Insurance Plan
- Coverage for MIT Mental Health Services
- MIT Medical: Covered by Institute fees; no additional charge for registered students
- External Providers
- In-network: No charge for first 12 visits; $25 co-pay for subsequent visits.
- Out-of-network: Deductible is waived; first 12 visits covered in full up to the allowed amount; subsequent visits are subject to 20% coinsurance.
- There is no limit to the number of visits per year.
- A referral may be required (see MIT website for more information).
- Psychopharmacology visits are covered with a $25 copay for each visit.
- Health Reimbursement Account – available for medical expenses that would not have been incurred if the student had been able to use MIT Medical; use for urgent or chronic care; $1000/year maximum